Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yummy...No Bake Cookies!

One of my favorite memories from when I was young is my mom cooking No Bake Cookies for our family. I remember how exciting it was when she laid down the wax paper...we all knew what was coming. Only problem was waiting until they cooled off. It was so hard and we usually got impatient and swiped a few anyways :)

I have tried a few times to make them myself but the first time I tried they never hardened...pretty embarrassing since I had talked them up so much. But I have gotten better and now they are great!

I decided that this is a memory that I hope Logan has of our home one day, so I made a batch today. He already got a taste and I can tell he likes them because he gave me that huge grin that I love.



Here is the recipie for anyone that would like to try them:

Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup margarine (this is where I messed up b/c I used Country Crock)
1/2 cup milk
1 pinch of salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
- In saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk and salt to rapid boil for 1 minute
- Add oats and vanilla extract; Mix Well
- Working quickly, drop teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper
- Let cool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love no bake cookies too! i haven't made them in years and years. not sure why but...i think i'll make some soon. thanks for the delicious reminder. :)