Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spending time with family

On Wednesday my aunt Regina and cousins Megan and Allyson came up to Indy to hang out with Logan and I for the day. It was nice because we didn't make any big plans, just decided to stay at my aunt Tonya's house for the day just talking and playing with Logan.
He just thinks he is the star of the show when others are around :) Logan was dancing, jumping and cracking up at Allyson. She is only 9 so he thinks everything she does is just hilarious. She carries him around everywhere and he just adores her. She keeps him very occupied, which was very nice because it gave me time to talk to my aunt and megs.
One thing I've always enjoyed was talking to my aunt regina. I could tell her anything and she would just listen...and then give her opinion. It was nice to have her nearby when I was growing up b/c I didn't want to talk to my parents about everything so I'd just walk to their house and hang out for awhile. Ahhh, the teenage years when I didn't want anything to do with my parents....and that's when I came to realize how much I appreciated my relationships with my aunts and uncles. I always felt they were on my side...even if they weren't.
For awhile now I have had wonderful relationships with my parents and tell them everything. But, I still go to my aunts and uncles for their advice too...I still feel like a kid around all of them even though I'm a parent now. But, I figure they have way more parenting expertise then me so it's great to get all the tips and tricks that help raising a child.
I think that having Logan has also made me realize how important those relationships are. Every family member that he has a relationship with is different and it teaches him new things in new ways. I'm so thankful that he is having the same type of childhood that Brian and I did in that he is loved by so many people and he loves them back just as much.

No comments: