Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Room with A View

Well, after Kari's bridal shower Brian and I headed to downtown Chicago and stayed at the Swissotel. We were on the 35th floor and the view was gorgeous...even with the clouds and rain :)

This venture was a continuation of my birthday which wasn't until Monday the 27th. It's funny b/c since he had the party for me a week ago, I feel like I've been celebrating my birthday forever! Oh well, I guess I'll always remember my 30th :)



On Sunday, we decided to drive-by our old neighborhood, Lincoln Park and take some pictures. It's crazy we haven't lived there for 3 years, but it seems like just yesterday we were walking around downtown with Brandon heading to a dog park. We really loved the city, but seeing where we used to live really makes me love our house with a big backyard!

The 2-Flat in the middle was ours. We had the top floor and the inside was actually really gorgeous because they had re-done the whole inside. It's still my fav kitchen with brand new white cabinets and tile.


Just in the middle of the below pic is the back of our place. Where the cars are is where we payed a hefty fee to park.
Salt 'n Pepper Diner was where we would walk to eat Sunday breakfast. We loved this place...Brian always got breakfast and I would get a cheeseburger (not a huge brkfast fan).


Vaughn's Pub was our local watering hole :)
This was the dog park that we used to take Brandon after getting our Chai tea's at Starbucks.

No comments: