Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!

Sunday, Feb 8th was my mom's 50th birthday. Unfortunately she spent most of it in the hospital! On Thursday evening she tripped off the front porch step and broke 3 bones in her ankle. So, on Friday Logan, Tonya and I went on a road trip to see her since she went into surgery that day around 3:30 p.m. It is never easy to see someone that you love in a hospital bed, but when it was my mom I felt sick. She has always been so strong and has a very high tolerence for pain. Seeing her lying there like that just freaked me out. Thankfully all our family was there and they helped with Logan all day/night so that I could focus on her. The surgery went great and she just has a long road to recovery...around 8 weeks.

I went back to stay at the hospital with her on Saturday and came home on Sunday night. Sleeping overnight in a hospital is exhausting because it makes you feel like you are sick too. But it was all worth it and I had a great time taking care of my mom. Guess she's done it for me my whole life, so it was my turn to repay her. I used dry shampoo on her hair and had a great time styling her into a rocker, 80's band lady, and my hawiian princess :)



Needless to say, she was laughing at me and my dad b/c we don't make good nurses. Whenever something was said or she had to do something we would be like "that's disgusting." I honestly think that I covered my eyes and/or ears more in the 3 days at the hospital then I have in my whole life :)

On Sunday we got her home and settled...oh yeah, I bought her the best gift ever...a drink holder for her walker :) I know, I'm so funny.

Brian and Logan had some good bonding..."men time" at home together. I sure was glad to see my boys...I do love my little family :)

No comments: